Friday 6 January 2012

Cold-blooded

As a dragon, I defy the laws of science. Not deliberately, because I've turned over a new leaf since the days of slaughtering, and now I try and avoid so much as a speeding fine because let's be honest, a dragon getting arrested would be a media circus. And then, possibly, a real circus. I saw what you humans did to King Kong. I have no desire to go down that particular route. 

Back to my point. I am, as a giant lizard, cold-blooded. But as a dragon, I spew fire from my mouth at temperatures that would melt your flesh (but leave your suit of silver armour remarkably untouched; it's a very specific temperature). For the most part, I'm self-regulating, like those boilers on an automatic timer, only much easier to use. 

However, it is now January, and I am in England, and it is freezing. Internal thermals can do nothing against the bitter winds of the Midlands. God only knows what it's like in the north. I imagine they've started selling ice blocks to Farmfoods. It's really very cold. 

And no-one seems to take my earmuffs seriously. 


It wouldn't be so bad if it was just chilly. It's the wind. I can hear it howling constantly, and yesterday I saw it blow a bird out of a tree. 


One minute the bird was quietly minding its own business




And the next it was suddenly six inches sideways. 


Time to break out the hot water bottles and start nailing the birds to their perches.

No comments:

Post a Comment