Sunday 31 July 2011

Insufficient Spackling

The long delay between last entry and this is due to two reasons.

One: I had to exit the last flat under a cloud of ignominy and plaster dust. I'd managed to patch up the scorched wall with spackling paste, but apparently there is a reason builders don't use that as the sole construction material on a load-bearing wall. Something to do with the entire building collapsing when it isn't properly reinforced, etcetera etcetera. 

Fortunately, no-one was hurt, and the only thing seriously damaged was my contents insurance premiums -already sky-high, after people kept breaking in to 'defeat the monstrous beast' and then making off with things as souvenirs. Not that a television is exactly an appropriately poetic representation of fighting a dragon, especially not when I was planning on watching Top Gear. 

Two: I went to Latitude Festival in Suffolk. It was fantastic.


My vegetarianism, however, was sorely tried by the delicious looking sheep on the campsite. 


No amount of tofu can compare. Sigh.



No comments:

Post a Comment